Monday, October 8, 2018

Monday, 10/8


Okay, I've been sitting here staring at a computer screen for half an hour now. I think my laptop is starting to laugh at me.

There aren't many days like this, because I usually do have something to write about. But every once in a great while, usually on a Monday, I try to come up with something to write about, and horribly fail at it. Either there's nothing going on, or I haven't fully developed something I'm working on (hello, update of “107 Things to Love About Marquette County”), or I don't have any pictures to share , or I am just totally without inspiration, It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen.

And it's not the greatest of days when that occurs.

I actually started to write two different blogs today, but neither of them panned out. In the first, I was channeling the spirit of Andy Rooney in complaining about getting snow in early October, like we did Thursday, but that didn't go anywhere after the first paragraph. And then I started to muse about why people call chocolate bars “candy” bars. That's not a bad idea, and you may see something about that in the future.

However, it wasn't ready for today.

So I guess I'm stuck with the old trope—writing about not having anything to write about. I know it's a cheap thing to do, and I know that it's a trope that every writer falls back on at least once in their life, but it was either that or give you a “best of”, and while that would've been easier than staring at a laptop screen for half an hour (and having it laugh at me), I didn't want to take that route.

So instead I'm writing about not having anything to write about.

I hope you'll forgive me. I hope you'll realize that this is a one-time only event. And I hope that you'll believe me when I say that (with any luck) this will never happen again. And I'm pretty sure it shouldn't. After all, with all the crap that's going on in my life you'd think I'd have SOMETHING interesting to write about, right? Or maybe that's the problem. Maybe there is so much stuff going on that I'm having trouble concentrating on getting one simple thing (like a blog entry) together.

It wouldn't be the first time my brain bailed on me like that, after all.

Okay; I've been staring at this screen long enough. Time for me to get up, get my stuff together, and face the world. Hopefully, THAT goes a little better than writing this has. Wish me luck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment