Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Wednesday, 4/11


I wonder how many topics I've repeated over the years?

Following yesterday's blog about people still calling KI Sawyer “The Base” I received a note from blog reader Shelley of Marquette, who just wanted to let me know that I'd actually written about the topic before. She said it was six or seven years ago, when she lived out at “The Base” and thought it was funny that some of her neighbors still referred to it that way. I checked, and you know what? She was right. June 9th, 2012, the topic came up, a fact I wouldn't have remembered at all if it were not for Shelley's note.

Oops.

I wonder how many other subjects I've written about before, totally forgot about, and then wrote about again a few years later? I mean, I know there are topics I revisit, sometimes on a yearly basis (lilacs, dog owners, and cold weather among them), but there are apparently some I revisit without even knowing. I have to admit that I'm not THAT surprised; after all, I've been writing these things since 2001, and on a daily basis since 2004. So you think you'd get a little overlap here and there.

But to not remember stuff I might've written before? You'd think that I'd get a slight case of “deja vu” or something while writing about a topic I'd previously visited. But apparently not.

So consider this a blanket apology in advance. If you ever read these in the future and think to yourself “Hmm, this seems kind of familiar”; well, you may be right. After all, I don't seem to be able to tell myself.

Sigh...

*****

If you're interested, don't forget that the “100 Years, 100 Trivia Questions” contest hosted by the guy who can't remember what blogs he's written is coming up tonight at 630 at the Marquette Regional History Center. I only wrote six of the questions, but I can tell you that the other 94 may test your knowledge of Marquette County, so check it out, if you wish. And tomorrow?

I'll share those six questions I wrote with you. They're all about bars, sleazy people, and, uhm, bars, so we'll see how well you know your seedy underbelly of local life!



No comments:

Post a Comment