Monday, April 16, 2018

Monday, 4/16


For those of you who either aren't in Marquette or who think I'm really whining about the weather this month, despite my vow not to, let me show you this--






And this--





Those were taken as I was out and about yesterday, a day that saw the weather conditions steadily deteriorate. And, of course, that was just here near Lake Superior. I can't even imagine—nay, don't want to imagine--what it was like inland.

But, you know, it's not like it's the second half of April or anything.

Every school in the U.P. (it seems) is closed today, as are half the businesses in Marquette.  I think we're supposed to get a bit of a respite in the next day or two, although I'm not keeping my hopes up. Finally, though, by mid-week the snow is supposed to end, even though temps won't be anywhere near where they're supposed to be this time of the year.

Sigh.

However, like I've been trying to do all month, I'm looking at things optimistically (or, at least, as optimistically as you can in weather like this). I took one other picture on my way to work yesterday--





Despite the snow and despite the cold, my favorite lilac bush in the world is starting to stir. And that, to me, erases all the crud. At least for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment