Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Wednesday, 7/26

I hope she wasn't disappointed by the answer.

As you may recall, I'm taking time off here and there this week. I did so yesterday, and enjoyed a nice sunny stroll along one of my favorite places in Marquette—the South Beach bike path. While I was just chilling a woman came up to me and said “hey”. She said she sees me enjoying that path every so often, and said she wonders what I'm thinking about while I'm out there relaxing.

I have to admit she looked a little surprised when I said “mosquitoes”

Seriously; I was thinking about mosquitoes, although not for the reason you think. I often use my meanderings up & down that path to think about my “Life in the 906” bits. In fact, last summer when I knew I would be doing them but before anything had been announced, I walked up & down that bike path rolling my mind over ideas, many of which have made their way on the air.

That's why I was thinking about mosquitoes.

I had actually another one of those instances where I had woken up in the middle of the night with an idea in my head, and I was just trying to flesh it out. I'm hopeful it'll be a memorable one; I guess we'll find out next Monday night.

So, if you ever see me mindlessly wandering up & down that bike path, be aware that the wandering isn't actually that mindless. I'm actually working, even of that work just consists of thinking about things like mosquitoes.

8-)

If you're curious (and I know you must be) the wildflowers are in full bloom along the path, as well!



(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment