Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Tuesday, 4/2

Based on what she wrote, I had no idea who she was talking about.

A month or so ago I mentioned in here about how a writer for Marquette Monthly wanted to do a profile on me. (And no, I have no idea why, either). I spent 45 minutes talking to her, put it in the back of my mind, and promptly forgot about it.

At least until the new edition came out this past weekend.

There it was in block & white, four pages of me, complete with pictures. I'm not quite sure if anyone would actually WANT to go through all four pages, but from what I've heard from a lot of people they did (and, by the way, if you ever need anyone to testify as to whether or not people read the Marquette Monthly, I have the answer to that). The interview was mostly about History Jim, but other aspects of my life were included, as well.

The thing that got me, though, was the intro to the interview. It was six paragraphs long, with phrases like “local luminary”, “a comforting companion”, “affable host”, and someone whose “zest for life mirrors the vibrancy of his beloved community”.

After I stopped laughing, I figured out she was talking about me.

As you may have picked up over the years, I'm not really comfortable having someone make a big (or any kind of) deal about me. I don't do what I do for fame, nor do I expect anything to come out of it. Yet every so often something does come out of it, and when it does it makes me...uncomfortable, for lack of a better word. I don't know why; I'm sure a shrink could probably make something out of it. But I don't feel like it's needed or necessary. I just do what I do.

I don't expect words like “stalwart guardian” to be uttered.

But uttered they were, and now they're there for posterity. If you wanna check it out for yourself, you're more than welcome. Just CLICK HERE, start on page 21, and get ready to chuckle to yourself as you try to figure out exactly about whom the reporter is writing.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

(PS--”Pieces of the Past” season four premieres tomorrow...you'll get to see the first of the TWO videos that kick it all off.  Unless, of course, the winter storm we're supposed to get is SO bad I feel the need to whine about it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment