Thursday, April 4, 2024

Thursday, 4/4

To quote a dude, it apparently was much ado about nothing.

As I wrote during it “worst” of it yesterday, our apocalyptic April storm ended up being anything BUT apocalyptic, at least here in downtown Marquette. To prove my point, here's a picture I took Tuesday afternoon before it started--



And then here's one I took 36 hours later, this morning at 9:55--




Like I said on the air yesterday, I realize that I took these pictures less than a thousand feet from lake Superior, and than means it was in no way indicative of what the rest of the UP's weather was like, but geez...

That is NOT apocalyptic at all.

Yet schools (including NMU) were canceled all across Marquette County for the second straight day today.  Now, I realize that in some places they're dealing with 2 feet of snow in the past two days, as evidenced by this picture from station Facebook fan Linda Carilli--



But here in downtown Marquette?

Zip.  Zilch.  Nada.

Have I ever mentioned this has been a weird year?

8-)

*****

I gave you a video yesterday, and since we released two of them to everyone else, we don't wanna leave you out. Here's the second. Enjoy!



(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment