Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Wednesday, 6/7

Yes, I do take pictures of things OTHER than lilacs. Really, I do.

After publishing lilac-palooza yesterday I was putting away the flash drive on which I had the pictures, and that's when I noticed I had taken (ahem) almost 200 shots while I was out Sunday. About half of them were of lilacs, while the other half were of things I saw or came across while moving from lilac location to lilac location.

And that's when the thought struck me.

A big chunk of the time I was out taking pictures I was in and around Founder's Landing, a piece of Marquette that over the past 15 years has been totally transformed from an old rail yard & oil tank farm into a mix of parks, housing, and hotels. That got me to thinking which, as we all know, can be a dangerous thing.

Would someone who hasn't been in Marquette since work started on Founder's Landing even know where they were?

I don't know that there are any of you reading this who knew the old Marquette and haven't been back since it's become the “new” Marquette, but here are a few examples of what I mean--
















Vibrant and thriving places stay vibrant and thriving because they change, they evolve. And if you know, you know that these pictures prove that Marquette is indeed one of those places. Luckily, we're all the better for it.

*****

Before I go, how about one more gratuitous shot of lilacs?



8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment