Friday, June 16, 2023

Friday, 6/16

To quote a great American--”You owe me restitution”!

Now, it's not Halloween, so I can't use that saying in its original context, but the thought passed through my mind yesterday when I was walking to work in weather that seemed more suitable to Halloween than it did mid-June. There I was, walking down to work in 41 degree air, having to wear gloves to battle a wind chill that brought things down to the mid 30s.

Yes, a wind chill in the 30s in the middle of June. Don't tell me we haven't broken the planet.

This whole week has just been horrid. You know how I like to take time off during the summer to enjoy the warmth? Well, instead I worked the entire week because, you know, temperatures did not get over 60 once. Add to that two days of rain, one day of fog, and then a day when the wind chills were in the 30s and, well, you know...that's why Mother Nature owes us a week of summer weather. I'm not holding my breath in expectation we'll get it.

But she does owe us.

On the bright side, now I'm way ahead of stuff I need to do should it ever get warm again. So if we get a return to summer, say, next week, which the forecast says we might, I'll be able to enjoy it. However, that does NOT make up for the fact that 7.5% of our summer weeks disappeared in a blaze of rain, cold, & fog.

In fact, I don't know if anything could make up for that. And that, Mother Nature, is why you owe all of the UP restitution. We'll be expecting it soon.

8-)

Have yourself a great weekend. I have Monday (Juneteenth) off, so back with something new on Tuesday!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment