Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Tuesday, 6/6

Hi, I'm Jim, and I'm a lilac-holic.

I made that admission when I posted a few lilac pictures on Facebook Sunday, and by the time I woke up Monday morning I had over 100 people admit that they're lilac-holics, as well. I wasn't quite sure if I should be surprised or not; it IS, however, nice to know that I'm not the only one around.

For a while, I was starting to wonder.

I think there are a couple of reasons people consider themselves lilac-holics, the foremost (and the second, and perhaps the third, as well) being they smell amazing. But I also think there's something else about lilacs, at least up here. They're ephemeral. They're fleeting. They're here for a short bit, and then they're gone. In that way, they're very much like our summers. They do not last forever, which makes us love them and appreciate them while they're here.

Because, just like our summers, they're gone too soon.

I had mentioned pictures, and even though I had posted some last week I'm going to post more. My dad (hi, dad!) has been sending me locations where they're out in full force, so I took my big camera out to shoot them.

And I was not disappointed.

Wanna see?












And heck...even Mr Bee was out enjoying them.



Of course, while I was out taking these pictures I noticed that a few of them were already starting to dry up, just an example of what I was discussing—they're here, and then they're not. In what seems like the blink of an eye.

So get out and enjoy them while they ARE here.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment