Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Tuesday, 8/14


We leave for Germany two weeks form today (yikes!). And since I haven't used my big camera, my Nikon, since we visited Loraine's parents in May (double yikes), and since it's the camera I usually bring to Europe, I went out this weekend to see if I still knew how to use it.

Luckily, I think I do. But you get to judge for yourself. What did I see when I sent out Sunday? Well, I saw turtles with hats--



I saw a baby stroller in the strangest of places--



I saw one of my favorite old things in Marquette, the remaining part of the only ore dock that survived the Great Fire of 1868--



I saw a hidden message from construction workers with a pop culture-tilted sense of humor--



I saw one of my favorite views in Marquette--



I saw something more people should be using--



I saw that the monarch butterfly population in Marquette seems to be thriving--



And, sadly, I saw a sign of things to come--



I guess, in all, that I haven't forgotten how to use my camera. Good thing, too, as it gets pressed into service big time two weeks from today!


No comments:

Post a Comment