Friday, August 24, 2018

Friday, 8/24


Wow, I'm not gonna shoot any TV for three whole weeks. However will I handle it?

(That's sarcasm, by the way).

A couple of days ago I shot three segments of “What's Up” for Fox UP, three segments that will air while I'm gone. I'll shoot the next one a couple of days after I get back, which means that I now have to go three whole weeks without being in front of a TV camera. No “High School Bowl”, no “What's Up”, no “Ryan Report”, no news stories featuring the dork known as History Jim, no nothing.

Upper Michigan is, I'm sure, cheering.

For someone who doesn't work in TV on a full-time basis I'm on TV way too much. I don't think there's any disagreement about that. And maybe that's something good about my going to Germany. I get to spare the U.P. from any further exposure, perhaps even saving a few eyeballs from shearing apart from the sheer terror of having those people see me on their screen again.

Ah, it's the least I can do.

Aside from saving the sanity of viewers all across the Peninsula, it also means that I don't have to care about how I look. Well, maybe I should rephrase that. I don't have to worry if I'm TV-ready. I don't have to make sure I'm wearing a shirt that looks nice on camera. I don't have to shave if I don't want to. I could, literally, look like a homeless person if I wanted. And trust me, when I don't have to do TV that happens more than you'd think. I mean, I'm not planning on looking like I'm homeless while I'm in Germany. I'll look pretty much like I always do.

But at least I have the choice. TV isn't dictating what I have to wear.

Of course, when I get back, it will (quite literally) be back to the grind. I start shooting “What's Up”s the day after my return, “High School Bowl” begins before the end of the month, and I have a sneaking suspicion that TV crews may come a-calling for that program I have on the 22nd. So take this as either a gift or a warning, Upper Michigan--

Enjoy watching TV the next three weeks without me on it. That's soon gonna change.

8-)

On that note, have yourself a great weekend. I know I have all kinds of last-minute things that need attention, but I'll try to sneak in a little fun and a little sun at the same time.



No comments:

Post a Comment