Thursday, March 2, 2017

Thursday, 3/2

Out of everything I eat, I can't believe it's tea and apples.

As some of you may be aware, I cracked a tooth a couple of weeks ago eating cheese (go figure) and I have a temporary cap on the tooth, which is scheduled to become a permanent cap next Tuesday. Since I had the temp cap put on last Tuesday, I've noticed that my tooth starts to ache a little when I eat certain foods. Being of a somewhat scientific bent, I've decided to do a little testing as to what's causing the aches, and I after a week I can report the following.

It seems to be green tea and apples that are causing the ache.

I have no idea why. I've just discovered over the past week that whenever I drink tea or eat an apple, my tooth starts to ache. When I skip them, my tooth feels fine. I don't know what's causing it. I don't know if there's a little crack in the temp cap that allows something to escape onto my exposed tooth or if my gum's just a little tender after all the poking around and drilling. And I don't know why tea and apples are the triggers, as opposed to anything else (from whole wheat bread to spinach to chocolate) I eat.

It's weird. But that's what's happening.

Now, I'm hoping it goes away when I get my permanent cap next week. I'm expecting it to; after all, isn't that why you get broken teeth capped? But the fact that my tooth didn't like those two specific foods while temporarily capped just makes me wonder...why those two foods and nothing else? They're two uniquely different foods. One's a liquid, one's a solid. One's sweet, the other isn't. One's ingested warm, the other eaten cold. It doesn't seem like there should be any connection between the two.

Yet there is, and I can't figure out why.

I mean, I was able to figure out which two foods were causing the aches. Doesn't it make sense that I should also be able to figure out why? Yet here I sit, knowing that apples & tea caused the pain yet unable to figure out why. I mean, in the scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal, but if I figured out one thing I should be able to figure out the other, right?

Right?

I'll ask my dentist about it Tuesday when I get the permanent cap on. Maybe he knows something I don't. Or, just maybe, he'll shake his head, too, wondering shy it was tea and apples and nothing else..

We'll find out then.


No comments:

Post a Comment