Friday, March 24, 2017

Friday, 3/24

Atlantis, here I come.

Don't worry; I'm not venturing to a mythical and lost sunken continent, although that might be kinda cool. Instead, I'm heading down to Florida for a few days tomorrow to accomplish three very important things—see my parents, bask in a little heat, and visit the Kennedy Space Center, where the space shuttle Atlantis lies in stately repose.

That's the Atlantis to which I'm referring. So if you're a Facebook friend of mine and your newsfeed gets overrun with pictures of Atlantis (or pictures of Atlantis with a dork standing near it) Monday, let me apologize in advance.

Some people get excited over which way the toilet paper roll is supposed to hang. I get excited over old spacecraft.

You won't hear me on the air or read a new one of these Monday or Tuesday; hope that's okay. When I mentioned to someone that I'd be gone for a few days they told me that I'm not allowed to NOT be on the radio for a few days, like the world would stop spinning on its axis, or something. Hopefully, they'll survive. When I go to Europe for a week and a half, I make sure there's all kinds of “best of” stuff on the air, plus I write a trip blog every day. But for the two days I'll be gone now?

Sorry. Hope no one goes through withdrawal, or anything.

Flying back Tuesday I actually have a semi-long flight from Orlando to Chicago and then a long-ish wait in Chicago. And since I'm bringing a small computer with me I'll probably write Wednesday's blog and then post it early, so if you really want to see pictures of Atlantis (and whatever else looks interesting) you can check it out then. Otherwise, I'll be back Wednesday with everything as it normally is, including, I'm guessing, me whining because it isn't the 80 degrees in Marquette that it's supposed to be while I'm in Florida.

So have yourself a good weekend, and stay warm. I know I will!

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com), back with a new blog on Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment