Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Wednesday, 10/7

Well...that escalated rather quickly.

I wrote in here yesterday about the possibility of maybe, perhaps, some day doing another series of those “Pieces of the Past” videos I do for the Marquette Regional History Center. Well, that was 24 hours ago. In the time since then...

I now have someone to shoot drone footage for me for several of the bits I may get around to some day producing, and some of the better “Pieces” from the past few years will soon begin airing on WNMU-TV.

And no, I have no idea how either of those happened. Like many things in my life, they just did.

8-)

Technically, I do know how both of them happened; it's just freaky that they both came to fruition within a few hours of me writing and posting a blog about scribbling a few notes on a piece of paper. But that's my life these days—weird things happen, and I seem to have no control over them.

What are you gonna do, right?

The drone footage should make the new series of “Pieces”--whenever I get around to putting them together—look spectacular. And the possibility of having a few of the classic ones pop up on WNMU-TV has been floating around for a couple of years now. Because they don't air commercials, they need interstitials—material to fill between shows. Since I've been working with them for a decade and a half now, they figured some of my older videos might be a natural fit. And since I made sure the History Center gets mentions and promos in exchange, it seems like a win-win for everyone.

And how often do you get something like THAT these days?

So if you happen to be watching WNMU-TV any time soon, don't be surprised if I pop up on it even more than I usually do. And whenever it is that I get around to putting more videos together, don't be surprised if they look amazing thanks to some drone footage that will be shot specifically for them.

Because, these days, that's apparently how things roll around here.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment