Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Tuesday, 10/6

I'm almost loathe to say it, but I've started thinking about them again.

As many of you know, every so often I do something really stupid--I make a batch of videos for the Marquette Regional History Center. It started during Covid, and I've now put together five "seasons"--almost 100 in all--of "Pieces of the Past". They do take some time in researching writing, and producing, and whenever I get done with a season I tell myself that I might want to give myself a break.

Until, like this past weekend when, for no reason at all, I pulled out a piece of paper and started writing things down--



Literally, I had no idea why I did it. I was just taking a break from putting together my TV bit and, a few moments later, found myself with the chicken scratchings you see above. I mean, I don't know if anything will come out of it and, if something does, when, but there I have it--a rough rundown of what could possibly be series 6 of "Pieces".

Some days, I amaze even myself. And not in a good way.

There are a lot of video projects I'd like to get done for the History Center in the next couple of years, especially the "Clean-Up on Aisle Five" grocery store documentary I've been working on for a few years now. So why 15 or 16 ideas for short form videos would suddenly pop into my head, I have no idea.

My brain just works in weird ways.

I'm pretty sure you won't be seeing any of these soon, although one or two might actually start off as Kaufman bits for the next "Legends & Lore" with Jack. But just remember that if you DO ever see any of these videos, the whole thing started this past weekend when my brain took over the rest of my body, and made it write these ideas down.

Stupid brain...

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment