Friday, March 31, 2017

Friday, 3/31

Geez, what am I gonna do this weekend? After all, for the first time in almost a month I actually have a “weekend”.

Weird, huh?

After being in Florida last weekend, doing TV the weekend before that, having to work part of the weekend before that, and doing something I don't even remember any more the weekend before that, I actually have nothing on the schedule for this weekend. Once I get done with work tonight I don't think I need to be anywhere or do anything until I go to work Monday morning. And at this moment, I'm not really sure if my system can handle the shock.

I will, however, try my best to deal with it.

I really shouldn't complain. I mean, aside from having to work a couple of weekends ago, everything I described above was a lot of fun. I mean, heck...I got to walk on a sunny and hot beach last weekend, after all. And I wouldn't mind trading all of my winter and spring weekends for something like that. So I guess that's why it's kind of weird, for the lack of a better word, to have nothing scheduled for this weekend. I can do all the laundry that's been piling up. I can finish unpacking.  I can pick up a dark chocolate and key lime bar from my friend Davin. And, most importantly, I don't need to look at a clock or pick up a phone the entire weekend if I don't feel like it.

After all, isn't that what a weekend is supposed to be like?

So while, unfortunately, I won't be on a hot & sunny beach again this weekend, I'll guess I'll have to take the next best thing. And that's a weekend with nothing to do.

Hope your weekend us just as good. And I hope April Fools' Day is kind to you, as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment