Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Tuesday, 11/7

Oh, look. It got weirder.

I've been writing in here a bit recently about how my life has gotten quite...surreal over the past year and a half, everything ranging from my face being plastered on the side of a bus to me becoming the voice of a plumbing & heating business in New Jersey. Each time something new happens I think it can't be topped, and each time I am wrong.

The latest example? Well, the little TV show I've hosted for the past eight years began its new season last week, and when I went to into my Spectrum app last night to set up the recording for this upcoming weekend's shows, look what greeted me--



It's not bad enough I'm on the side of a bus, nor is it bad enough that I'm on TV in New Jersey.

Now, my mug is plastered all over a TV app.

I had no idea this was happening; I'm sure that, somewhere, Spectrum decided they needed art work for the show, and either through WNMU-TV or on their own they found THAT artwork. At least it's a picture with which I'm comfortable. There are many of them out there where I look like a dork (okay, even more of a dork than usual), and thankfully they didn't use one of those.

But still. A picture of me? On a TV app? Really?

I'm almost afraid to wonder what's coming next. I'd like to think nothing could top everything that's happened recently, but both you & I know that's a very low bar to clear. I don't even wanna venture a guess as to what it'll be; all I know is that it'll be weirder than my face on the side of a bus. Or my voice on TV in New Jersey.

Or a picture of my ugly mug on a TV app.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment