Thursday, November 2, 2023

Thursday, 11/2

It's a good thing I REALLY like Jennifer Aniston.

I'm not on social media much these day, what with the ever-increasing workload we've discussed the past few weeks. But when I do hop on Facebook for a few minutes, just to see what I'm missing, I discover that, apparently, the only thing I'm missing is 11,000 pictures of Jennifer Aniston.

One after the other.

I'm not sure it's because Facebook's algorithm is broke or if it's just mad at me for not spending a lot of my time on the site, but I no longer seem to get many items posted by friends. Instead, I get a LOT of “suggested for you” pages, the vast majority of which are pages that post pictures from throughout the years of the “Friends” star. I don't know why; I follow nothing that has to do with her, so I don't know what would have triggered it.

But apparently, Facebook thinks she's the only thing in which I'm interested.

Now don't get me wrong; I have nothing against Jennifer Aniston. I think she's a great performer, and between Loraine and me there's a standing joke that I'd be allowed to dump my dear wife should Ms. Aniston come a-calling. But as to why Facebook seems to think that I'd be happy looking at a feed consisting of nothing but screenshots and paparazzi pictures of her?

Eh, not so much.

Like I said, I'm hoping it's just a bug in Facebook's programming. If not, if they think that I have that one interest and that one interest only, then I'll be spending less time on the site that I even do now.

No matter how much they think I might like Jennifer Aniston.

******

Before I go, I have to wish my favorite brother in the world a happy birthday! I mean, I'm contractually obligated to call him my “favorite”; after all, he's my only brother. But Marc, I DO hope you have a great day, and that the kids have something extra special planned!!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment