Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Wednesday, 3/8

Today's the day the rest of the world gets to see it.

On and off for over two years now I've been compiling interviews and footage for “The Greasier the Spoon”, figuring that one day I'd put it in a form where I'd be able to share it with everyone. Well, that day has arrived, and now I'm actually interested to see if it's lived up to the hype.

I sure hope it has.

I've shown it to a couple of people already, just to get their opinion on whether or not I've accomplished what I wanted to accomplish. From them it sounds like I have, and I sure hope they're right. I wanted to capture not just a dry history but the feelings that people who've owned restaurants and people that have enjoyed them have for their favorite establishments. I think I have, but as we all know I'm the worst judge of what people may like and what they may not.

We, however, will find out tonight.

I'm actually excited to share it with people, especially those who've said that they're looking forward to seeing the project. I was lucky enough to interview some amazing people in Marquette restaurant history, and (somehow) I've managed to dig up some pictures and other visuals that I don't think anyone's been able to see for decades. And, of course, to make it a true Jim Koski ™ history experience I've included several gags and bizarre references, as well.

I hope that makes the whole package enjoyable for anyone who watches it. And we'll find out shortly after 6:30 tonight if that is indeed the case.

Keep your fingers crossed.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)



No comments:

Post a Comment