Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Tuesday, 3/21

Yes, the pictures are all from the last week.

On TV last night I spent my two minutes welcoming in Spring or, as it's known here in the UP, pothole season. I ended up using five different pictures of pothole clusters, all of which had something in common, even if a few people in the studio didn't believe it--

I took them ALL in the last seven days.

It's been a bad pothole season here in Marquette; between the warm-ish winter and the ridiculous amount of snow we've received in the last month the freeze,thaw cycle has had a LOT of energy with which to work, which means that we've had a bumper crop of pothole this year.

Don't believe me? Here's Third Street--



Here's right down the hill from that group, at the corner of Third & Washington--



And here might be one of the worst—right near the corner of Pine & Michigan--



I'm having a hard time deciding if that street looks like a post-apocalyptic world ten years after the apocalypse or a post-apocalyptic world 100 years after the apocalypse.

That's how bad the street is.

And, just so you know, I'm in no way blaming anyone for the bumper crop of potholes this year; it's something we have to deal with every year, and as I mentioned earlier this year was just very fertile for their development. Hopefully, there aren't so many of them that, once the weather finally clears, they can't all be filled, but these days you never know.

So keep your fingers crossed for us. And if you find yourself in need of a swimming pool or fishing hole in the next few weeks, just yell.

I know where several hundred of them are located.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment