Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Wednesday, 4/21

 Did you know I was young once?

I know. It's shocking, isn't it? But I came across a picture yesterday proving that, indeed, I was young once. Or, at least, there was a time that I didn't have gray hair and actually looked like I wasn't totally jaded by life. Wanna see it?



Yup. That's from when Loraine and I got hitched a century or so ago (or, at the very least, in the last century). Why did I come across a picture of our wedding day? Well, I needed to find it because that amazing moment occurred 32 years ago today.

Yup. It's our anniversary today.

We lucked out the day we got married. It was sunny & in the 60s, so we were able to to it on the Courthouse steps. However, not every April 21st has been like that, ranging from the cold of today to several monster snow storms. I'd like to think that Mother Nature, despite the frenemy-like relationship we seem to have developed, looked kindly upon us that day.

I'd also like to think that Loraine and I have this relationship thing figured out. Oh, we haven't been able to do all of our favorite things the past year, but I'd like to think we've muddled through, even if I DO have more gray hair than brown these days--



Happy anniversary, L. Let's celebrate with Ben & Jerry's and dreams of Germany!!!

Love,

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment