Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Wednesday, 7/3


Our long national nightmare is finally over--

As I write this the sod is being put down on the street outside our house.  The final layer of pavement was deposited yesterday, along with the patches on everyone's driveway where they were dug up for water & sewer lines. Later today, after a month or so, we finally have our street back.

Yay.

I don't know what shocks me more; the fact that it was a relatively painless process, or the fact they started this over a month ago. I mean, it seems to me like it's been at most a week, but as we've been discussing recently I've now lost all track of any sense of time, so maybe it's not that surprising,

But still. It doesn't seem like it's been more than a month that we haven't had a car in the driveway.

And on that note I REALLY have to thank daily blog readers Chicky-Poo and Darlene in Marquette. For the past month, they've let us keep Loraine's car at their place. We would've been happy just keeping it in their building's lot, but they had us keep Loraine's baby in their garage, where it was safe the 6 days and 20 hours a week we don't use it.

So thanks, Mom & Dad. You're literally the greatest parents who ever existed. And don't let anyone else tell you THEIR parents are the greatest. Because they'd be wrong.

8-)

Well, since the sun's out and it's supposed to be another nice day I'm gonna skip out and take a half-day. Sure, it's a holiday tomorrow, but I have three or four months of bone-numbing cold to get out of my system, and a walk on an 80-degree sunny beach seems to be the perfect way to leach some of that residual cold out of my system.

I hope you agree, and I hope you understand.

Speaking of the holiday, I'm still trying to decide if I'll be writing one of these on Friday. Past experience shows that few, if any, people will actually be paying attention or be around to read it, but we'll see. If nothing else, maybe I'll take a few pictures and stick them up. At this moment, I have no idea.

I guess come back on Friday and find out, right?

Have a great Fourth!!!!


(ps—don't forget to check out the Mining Journal tomorrow for the article I wrote on the tour I'm giving one week from today. That is, do so if you're bored and need something to do. Otherwise, enjoy the Fourth. The article will wait!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment