Thursday, November 2, 2017

Thursday, 11/2

Eleven months down, one to go.

Those of you who have read these babblings forever know that on occasion I do stupid and/or weird things (the rest of you may now mutter to yourself “that explains a lot”). I do something once, and then decide to see just how long I can keep it going. Well, I'm now 11/12th of the way through something that IS stupid and/or weird.

And I only have to do it once more.

We have had a bizarre weather year this year. Along with our cold & wet summer, ur tropical September, and then the monsoon we had last week we also had a very mild winter. It was so mild, in fact, that we had a stretch of temperatures in the 40s during January and hit a peak of 64 in February. Because I tend to wear shorts when I go running any time it's above freezing, I amused myself by wearing shorts in January. I got a chuckle out of the fact that I was wearing shorts in January, but didn't think any more of it. Then when it hit the 60s in February and I wore them again, one of those stupid and/or weird things popped into my head; namely, could this be a year where I wear shorts while running at least once every month?

After yesterday morning, I'm 11/12th of the way into it.

No, I didn't plan on seeing if I could run in shorts every month of a year. The opportunity just kind of presented itself, and I took it. Maybe it was because after several bitterly cold winters the comparative warmth of this January and February presented an opportunity. Or short-circuited something in my brain. Or both. Nonetheless, seeing as how I'm this far into it I might as well go for the gold, right?

Now, we just need to make sure that there's a day in December that's above freezing, and I'll be all set. Keep your fingers crossed.

(jim@wmqt.com), doer of weird things

(ps—while I have the chance I wanna wish my favorite brother in the whole wide world a happy birthday. I mean, he's my only brother, so he kind of has to be my favorite brother in the world (at least that's what my mom makes me say), but nonetheless, if you see Marc around anywhere today, make sure you wish him a happy birthday, because he deserves it!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment