Monday, December 5, 2016

Monday, 12/5

Okay. I don’t think I need to eat ever again.

After birthday pizza, a birthday dinner, pumpkin bars, mint chocolate chip ice cream, leftover birthday pizza, 6 different kinds of Greek food, leftover pumpkin bars, way too many yummy cookies at the library, and a big piece of delicious dark chocolate peppermint bark from Donckers, I do believe I exceeded my usual weekly intake of 20,000 (or whatever it is) calories in just 36 hours this weekend.

Go team!!

Even now I don’t feel like I can eat another thing. And, of course, the food (and the intake of the food) was all well-meaning. My family wanted me to have the birthday dinner and the bars and the ice cream and the birthday pizza. Peter White Public Library wanted me to have their open house cookies. And the amazing chefs at the Greek Orthodox Church in Marquette SURELY wanted me to sample almost everything they had at their annual bake sale, right?

Right?

I guess that’s one bad thing about having a December birthday; the month is filled with way too much consumption as it is, and when you throw in a birthday (plus a Thanksgiving that fell just a few days before all this), all those other holiday events, and gifts and treats from well-meaning people, you just go way over the top. It was quite the weekend, and has started me wondering—would a “weekend-only diet” work actually work? You know...where you eat your 20,000 weekly calories only on the weekend, and then take it easy the rest of the week? Nah. . .probably not. But it was a thought.

Now, if you'll excuse me now, I have to go exercise and start burning off some of those excess calories. And maybe buy some more Tums, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment