Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Wednesday, 5/1

I'm happy with the way this one turned out.

This week's “Pieces of the Past” video for the History Center is on a topic that's fascinated me for almost two decades now, every since Loraine originally came across the story while doing her World War II research and shared it with me. I'm not exactly sure WHY it fascinated me; I'm guessing the unresolved aspect of it (at the time) played a big part. Then as I researched it more, was given access to police files on the case, and, and, finally, discovered the truth about what may have happened, it became clear why I was fascinated.

It was a fascinating story. A sad story, but a fascinating one, and one that I always felt should be immortalized on video, if one so that future generations might hear that sad (but fascinating) story.

So with that in mind, and on the 80th anniversary of the discovery of his body, here's the story of Billy Powers--



(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment