Friday, May 3, 2024

Friday, 5/3

On both accounts, the timing could probably be a little better..

The first issue of timing is this—right now in Germany it's gorgeous...sunshine and temperatures in the 70s. In other words, perfect Spring weather. When we get there next week? At least as of now, rain and much cooler temps. I'm hopeful it'll change, but it wouldn't surprise me if our usual “curse” follows us. You see, one of the places we're going is Freiburg, which (and this is backed up by science) is Germany's sunniest cities, although both times we've been there it's been cloudy and wet.

So, citizens of Freiburg, if the weather is NOT sunny & warm when we're there, it's our fault. We apologize in advance.

8-)

The second case of potential bad timing? Here's how my favorite lilac bush looked last night--



I think they'll hold out long enough (at least I hope they'll hold out long enough), but how much would it suck if the lilacs came out while we were in Germany and I missed them? I mean, it's not gonna stop me from going, but I could just see them blooming while we're gone and then, for some freaky reason, start to die right as we get back.

That would suck.

Both things, of course, are out of my control, and the world will not stop spinning should either (or both) actually happen. I just find it...curious. And that's all I'm wanna say about that lest, you know, I jinx myself or something.

Have a great weekend. Aside from celebrating "Star Wars" day tomorrow, I'll be packing, so wish me luck!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment