Friday, July 28, 2023

Friday, 7/28

I have to go check a few things for damage from last night's mega-storm here in Marquette (and was that intense or what?), but I do want to share two small things today, both of which are a bit of a tradition.

The first is that today is the Blueberry Festival here in downtown Marquette, and that means I get to hang out enjoying it with one of the coolest people in the world--

My mom.

Since the Festival started we've had this standing gig to check it out together. She walks up to the station, I join her, and we see what there is to see (and, me being me, buy stuff to eat). So if you happen to be at the festival and see me hanging out with someone, stroll over and I'll introduce you to the best mom in the world.

My annual Blueberry Festival date.

The other tradition? Well, every year I take a bunch of flower pictures and post them in a blog, and seeing as how I put up a shot of wildflowers a few days ago, daily blog reader Brianna of Marquette wondered when the “real deal” is coming.

Soon, Brianna, soon. In fact, want a sneak peak?



Have a great weekend, everyone. And with 87,000 things going on in Marquette County this weekend, maybe I'll see you at one or two!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment