Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Wednesday, 6/6


All of a sudden, the next few days have become really, really busy.

I don't know how it happened; I suppose the fact that I have a long-documented inability to say “no” to anything played a big part on it. But between today and Monday I have--

-A program today at noon at the Marquette West Rotary about D-Day.

-Three TV interviews on Friday (giving new meaning to my old History Center nickname, “Jim Koski, Media Wh*re”).

-A live broadcast for a few hours at Meijer on Sunday.

-The walking tour for the 150th anniversary of The Great Marquette Fire Monday night.

Then, I guess, I can relax.

It's weird. I knew I had most of these events coming up, and because I've either done them before or don't need to do much (if any) preparation for them, I haven't had to do much (if any) advance thinking about things. And I think that's part of the “problem” Usually, when I have a big show or tour I've never done before, I spend weeks beforehand researching, writing, and rehearsing, so I'm aware that it's rapidly approaching. But the D-Day show is something we've done before. I have done some new work on the Fire Tour, but it's been nothing compared to what I usually do. And I can do TV interviews and remotes in my sleep (sometimes literally). So I understand why all these events, in a five day span of time, kind of skipped my notice.

My bad.

Never fear, though; to quote a great American philosopher, I will survive. I'll just have to start paying a little more attention to the big calendar on my office wall, the calendar where I write everything down, the calendar that's supposed to help me remember not to schedule too many things in too few days.

You know, THAT calendar.

I don't think my insanity should impact these babblings too much, although if I DO have to resort to a “best of” one of these days, consider this your apology in advance. Now, with that, I'm off to make sure I have everything I need for the Rotary presentation in a few hours. Details on how it goes tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment