Thursday, June 14, 2018

Thursday, 6/14


Now that the insanity of the past week is finished, I was finally able to do a couple of things I've been wanting to do all summer (or what we've had of summer so far). Yesterday, for the first time since (I think) last August, I went to the beach.

It was glorious.

Because the weather was supposed to be nice (and it was), I took a half day yesterday just to do the things I haven't been able to do all year. I went down to McCarty's Cove, just let my toes sink into the sand and the sun wash across my face, and immediately felt better. I don't know why, but there's just something so...zen, at least for me, about walking down a warm & sunny beach that I wish I could do it every single day of the year. I know my mental health would appreciate it.

Now I just have to figure out how to do it while living in Marquette, where it snows nine months of the year. Wish me luck on that.

Aside from the beach I also went running in the midday heat. I know some people (hi, Loraine!) think I'm insane for wanting to run in the absolute worst conditions for running, but what can I say? I like running when it's hot and sticky. I like having sweat pour out of every single pore in my body. And most importantly, I like not having to wear 18 pieces clothing just to make sure body parts don't fall off. It's amazing how much faster and harder you can run when you're not dragging several extra pounds of clothing along with you.

So that was my day yesterday. I wish it was longer, but it was nice just to get away from everything for a bit and do stuff I've wanted to do for a long time. Hopefully, too, it was just the first of many times doing it this summer.

Oh—and I did one more thing, too. I went for a ride on my old bike. That's right...my OLD bike.

The story behind that tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment