Friday, October 2, 2020

Friday, 10/2

 I think I've figured out why.

What have I figured out? Well, as you may know, every August & September I'm always on the prowl for sunflowers, so I can photograph them to use on our station's Facebook page. Over the years, I've discovered that if I include a picture in a post it gets more viewers, and that's why “Mr. Sunflower” is now a valued member of our staff.

Even if he's always hanging around outside and never in the office.



Anyway, I've been looking for sunflowers to photograph, and outside of a couple blocks of Pine Street I've noticed a marked decline of them around Marquette. Being curious, I did a little Google search, and found out that most sunflowers aren't perennials. You have to plant them. Specifically, you have to plant them in the spring—in April & May. And what were we all doing in April & May of this year?

Yup. 2020 is, apparently, to blame for the lack of sunflowers around town this year. Is there anything this year CAN'T ruin?

8-)

*****

Before I go, I have to wish my favorite sister in the whole wide world a happy birthday! Well, technically her birthday's not until tomorrow, but that's neither here nor there.

Happy birthday, Mel!!!!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment