Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Wednesday, 2/7

This is kind of a big day in the Koski family.

It seems like there are a lot of big days in the Koski family; much, I'm sure, like in every family everywhere on the planet. But I could not let this day go by without wishing a “happy birthday” to my favorite old guy in the whole world. That's right; it's Chicky-Poo's birthday.

When I mailed my dad's birthday card a couple of days ago and actually addressed it to “Chicky-Poo Koski”, someone asked how I had gotten into the habit of referring to him as “Chicky-Poo” instead of something normal like “Dad” or “Father” or “Sir” or “You know, that guy”. And in all honesty, I have no idea whatsoever. I don't even know when it started. I just know that one day, probably as a joke, I must have called him “Chicky-Poo” and, for some strange reason, it got stuck in my brain. I started referring to him in that manner. Not all the time, and certainly not when I'm actually having a conversation with him, but I address his mail to him that way, I refer to him that way when he wants me to tell Loraine something, and when talking to my Mom on the phone, I'll ask her to tell “Chicky-Poo” I said 'Hi”.

I know...great way to treat one of the two people without whom I wouldn't be here typing this, right?

Anyway it's Chicky-Poo's (excuse me, my dad's) birthday today, and I couldn't let the day go by without making sure that everyone else knew it was his big day, too. Since he's in Florida, I'm guessing he'll either be playing (or teaching, believe it or not) pickleball or going for a long bike ride (or both) before my Mom takes him out for dinner. So have a great day, DAD. Enjoy the weather, and enjoy all the attention for a few hours!

And one of these days I might even start referring to you the way a son normally would. I mean, I wouldn't lay money on it, but you never know. Your Lions almost made it to the Super Bowl this year, proving miracles CAN indeed happen, so we'll just have to see what the future holds.

8-)

Love,

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment