Monday, May 7, 2018

Monday, 5/7


This is gonna be a fun week, he says sarcastically.

Actually, I should drop the last part of that sentence. It IS gonna be a fun week. I just have to figure out how to get everything done. For, you see, I get to spend Tuesday afternoon at the circus, and I get to spend Friday driving downstate for a long weekend at Loraine's parents. Put that together with all the work I have to do ahead of time to be able to take a four-day weekend off, and THAT'S why I may have been overly sarcastic.

Even though it actually WILL be a lot of fun.

When we did our circus contest last year I went along to do a live broadcast and to take pictures, and I'll let you know that the winners and the kids did have the time of their lives. I'm hoping that happens again this year. And then it'll be nice to spend Mother's Day weekend down with Loraine's family. It's been a couple of years since we've visited—in fact, the last time was three years ago for a funeral—and if nothing else, it'll provide a nice road trip for Loraine's brand new car, which has had a total of, uhm, 9 miles put on it since she picked it up ten days ago. Not only that, but I'll get to hang out with Loraine's teenage nephew Jeremy, who's perhaps a bigger “Star Wars” dork than I am. We'll get to have fun while the “adults” are doing “adult” things.

That'll be a blast.

So all I have to do is make sure everything's set to go before we leave. As you may recall, I usually have to work ahead almost a full day for every day we're gone somewhere. We're only gonna be gone two 'work” days this time, so hopefully I'll be able to fit it all in, despite the fact that I'm spending part of Tuesday at the circus. If nothing else, it'll be good practice for getting ready for our German expedition in a few months.

You know, make sure I work out all the kinks, and the like.

I promise not to whine, complain, or otherwise foist any negative emotions on you for the rest of the week. After all, I'm going to the circus, and heading out on a road trip. That's not too bad of a way to spend a week in early May, is it?


No comments:

Post a Comment