Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Wednesday, 4/12

My jaw hurts.

As you may recall, I've inherited several things from my dad--his skin tone, a life long love of "Looney Tunes, and, unfortunately, a severe case of klutziness. While my case doesn't seem to be as bad as his--no knee surgery or neck braces for me, at least not yet--it's always there lurking in the background.

And that's why I have a sore jaw.

The background--a few minutes after I went into work yesterday we had a two-second power outage. No, I don't know why, but for some reason the Marquette Board of Light & Power seems to like to have little flickers on the block of downtown where the station sits (and, at the same time, not having the power go out at the bank across the street where Loraine works).

Anyway, the power went out for two seconds. In that two seconds, my office computer--the one that I use all the time, the one that contains all the backups of all the stuff I do--fried. Hopefully, it's in the process of getting fixed. If not, I have some stuff to do. But that's neither here nor there. I had to use other computers at work, which meant shuttling information back & forth on flash drives. One of the times I was grabbing a flash drive I was under a desk (because, of course, that's where all of our computers sit to keep them out of the way). While getting out from under the desk I banged my head on the shelf, which caused me jerk to the left, which caused me to slip, which caused me land jaw-first into the hard plastic arm of a chair, which is why my jaw still hurts almost a day later.

Fun.

Thankfully, my jaw still works. I can talk and eat and swallow, which means I didn't break anything. It is, however, bruised and scabby, as I tore quite a bit of skin off when the chair and I had our loving little touch. That, of course, means that some smart aleck will soon ask about the fight I got into, and that I can either explain what really happened or just play along with it.

Except, of course, no one would ever believe I would get into a fight.

Hopefully, this heals soon, and hopefully, so does my office computer. If not, well...that's life. At least now I know how to get up from underneath a certain counter without bleeding or breaking something.

Although, considering the gift I've inherited from my dad, I wouldn't put it past me.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment