Thursday, June 30, 2022

Thursday, 6/30

How can it be the end of June already?

Seriously...how can 2022 be half over? It seems like it just started, yet here we are at the halfway point between January 1st and December 31st and what do we have to show for it? More gray hair? A bigger headache? Jaws hitting the floor wondering just what the heck happened to the first 180-some days of the year?

Yikes!

This may just be me--heck it probably IS just me--but since the silliness started on our planet a little over two years ago it seems like our perception of time has somehow gone really askew. I don't know if it's just because so much wackiness has been compressed into so little of a time span, or if because our altered lives have led to Loraine's concept of "Blursday", but something has seriously changed since the Before Times.

Either that, or I'm just losing my mind. And don't think that concept hasn't crossed your mind once or twice while you've been reading these.

Sadly, I don't hold out much hope for this to change during the latter half of 2022. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if things never go back to the way we used to perceive them. Maybe that's a good thing; maybe every once in awhile we need to be shaken up just a little, to be knocked out of our complacency and made to look at the world from a slightly different point of view. Change, after all, is not a bad thing. Neither is an altered perception of how you view the world. However, when they both occur at the same time...

Well, you get 2020. And 2021. And the first half, so far, of 2022.

So with that in mind I hope the first half of YOUR year has been, if nothing else, not too chaotic. And I fervently wish that the second half provides no new surprises, no new distractions, and no new life-altering situations, either in your personal life or in the world at large.

I won't be surprised if it DOES happen, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen to you.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment