Thursday, May 14, 2020

Thursday, 5/14


I am now in the middle of my eighth week of working alone.

For the most part, I have enjoyed it quite a bit. As I've mentioned before I can tackle a project and know I won't get interrupted by a co-worker with a question or with a little gossip. I can turn music up as loud as I want, and I can sing along with that music and not make a total fool of myself (at least to anyone else).

So that part of it's cool.

But I'm also in the middle of my eighth week of working alone. If the people working from home need something done here, I have to do. If their equipment isn't working properly, even at 5 in the morning, I have to fix it. If the office phone rings and it's someone telling us our vehicle's extended warranty is expiring, I have to answer the phone and then hang up on them.

I am the master of my domain (in the non-Seinfeldian sense). That means I have to take the bad with the good, I guess. I'll get to keep dubbing in news reports and sticking sports talk shows on the air. I'll get to reboot computers and hound people who don't send sound files in on time. And I'll still get to inwardly chuckle when someone wants me to extend the station vehicle's extended warranty.

Now, if I can just get my boss to actually BUY a station vehicle, we'd be all set.

8-)


No comments:

Post a Comment